The opinions expressed are those of our contributing readers.
RVServiceReviews.com has no means and is unable to make any determination about the experience, competence,
integrity, or honesty of any of its contributors. We encourage our readers to seek a variety of
information resources, and to make whatever additional and independent investigation may be necessary or
appropriate before making any commitments or taking any steps in reliance on any information which is
posted at this site.
If you are the service provider and want to respond to this review send an email to [email protected]
Please provide the name of your company, as it appears on the review, the date of service provided by the reviewer and
the explanation of the problem from your perspective.
Date of Service:
Work Done on:
5th Wheel Trailer
We use Jody for all our work. Over the years, they prepped our 5er for a 17,000 mile, 3 1/2 month trip across country and into Alaska, including replacing
our awning. We usually give them carte blanche and they've never done anything that wasn't prudent. Upon our return from that, they replaced our slide
toppers and repaired some body damage from the trip. They always do the winterizing and any other repairs or service needed.
1. I asked to have a new roof top air conditioner installed.
2. I asked to have the refrigerator to be checked, It was not operating.
3. I asked for a new carbon monoxide alarm to be installed.
4. I asked to have two new house batteries installed.
5. I asked to check for any LP gas leaks.
1. The air conditioner was installed, and when I got home I discovered that my solar panel that was mounted on top of the old air conditioner was inside the motor home and had not been reinstalled. I could have reinstalled it myself except I could not find the end of one of the wires, I will have had to remove the air conditioner to find the other wire.
2. I was told by Jody’s RV that the refrigerator could not be repaired and that you would have to install a new one, at a price of $3850 and $200 installation because you would have to take out the windows to get the old refrigerator out of the motor home and the new one in. First the refrigerator could be repaired, I installed a new cooling unit in the refrigerator, the price of $3850 was ridiculous, the most expensive refrigerator at camping world was $2700 and $152 to install, the windows did not need to be removed, since the refrigerator is 24 inches deep and the door way is 25˝ inches clearance. When I checked the refrigerator, a metal cover was left off with the screws left laying inside the outside door in back of the refrigerator.
3. The Carbon monoxide alarm was hard wired to the house batteries, the one you installed was one that had batteries in the alarm and not wired to the house batteries, I could have bought the type you installed at Lowe's or Wal-Mart and installed it myself.
4. I was not going to complain until today when I went to check the water in the house batteries and found that the battery cable was installed across the filler covers and the cable had to be removed to check the battery water level.
5. This only leaves one item, checking for LP gas leaks, due to the like of confidence I will check for LP gas leaks myself.
Evaluation of Service Performed:
I will not be a repeat customer and cannot recommend Jody’s to any of my RV friends.