The opinions expressed are those of our contributing readers.
RVServiceReviews.com has no means and is unable to make any determination about the experience, competence,
integrity, or honesty of any of its contributors. We encourage our readers to seek a variety of
information resources, and to make whatever additional and independent investigation may be necessary or
appropriate before making any commitments or taking any steps in reliance on any information which is
posted at this site.
If you are the service provider and want to respond to this review send an email to admin@RVServiceReviews.com.
Please provide the name of your company, as it appears on the review, the date of service provided by the reviewer and
the explanation of the problem from your perspective.
I printed out the work schedule from the Freightliner web sight and checked off the items I wanted done. I highlighted the fact that I had already changed the engine oil and filter, and that the transmission fluid was also resent and need not be changed.
When I went to pick the unit up after a four day wait to have the service completed, do I have to tell you what had happened? They had changed the oil and filter, drop the pan on the transmission, changed all the filters and replaced the hydraulic fluid. I pointed out to them how carefully I had specified that on their drop off sheet that they should only do the work indicated on the attachment I had provided. After a few minutes of consultation in the back office, they removed about $600 worth of charges from my bill for the services they had performed which I had to attend not asked for. I later noticed that they had charged me for 30 quarts of engine oil, when mine only holds 22. The dipstick shows that the sump is not overfilled.
They charged me $300 to find and replace the 20 amp fuse, which turned out to be located under a fuse panel on the top of the dashboard. I have looked there but just missed it. It is difficult for me to believe that it took about four hours of technician time to find this fuse. However, the overall amount I wound up paying for all of the service that I got was not unreasonable so I did not quarrel with them further.
Their representatives were courteous and they took full responsibility for the failure to communicate clearly with their own technician who did the work on the chassis. While I wound up getting a good deal of free service as a result of their mistake, no customer could have done more than I did to try to prevent it from happening in the first place.